2023 is humming right along, which means it’s almost time to prune again!
Why prune in winter?
We encourage you to prune in winter because this promotes a new burst of growth for spring.
When is a good time to start?
In general, it’s a good idea to start pruning in late February, after the coldest part of winter has concluded. That said, be sure to do your own research with regards to the best time of year to prune your particular species of shrubs and trees. You may learn that some need to be pruned later in the year.
What are the benefits of pruning?
- Healthier, fuller, and more mature greenery over time
- Better structure
- Looks tidier and improves curb appeal
- Prevents the development of weak and broad branches
- Prevents the growth of limbs in weak spots
- Gets rid of dying branches
- Increased air circulation
- More sun exposure for fruit trees
- Ability to eliminate obstructed views
Pruning correctly takes a lot of skill and experience. Therefore, it’s a wise idea to contact a professional to get the job done right and protect your greenery as much as possible.
If you are in the Coquitlam, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, or Maple Ridge area, give us a call at ATC Landscape: 604-720-2853.
We can help you with the pruning of:
- Trees under 20 feet tall
- Cedar hedges