You only get one chance to make a first impression and this couldn’t ring more true than when it comes to potential buyers seeing your home for the first time. You want to get people excited about your home as soon as they park, not suck the wind out of their sails before they get out of their vehicle.
Basically, if you are solely relying on how the inside of your house looks, you will be working against yourself. People want to be excited about the overall package. This includes the outdoor landscaping and maintenance. Did you know that an attractive and well-maintained landscape can add 10% to the value of your home? Not only that, but it will increase your chances of selling it more quickly too!
Here is a list of what you can do to spruce up your curb appeal:
- Take the time to really clean your yard. You don’t want it to seem like a rush job that was just done in a few hours.
- Add flowers and plants to patios and doorways. Spruce up your outdoor containers. Think of a nice color scheme that blends well together.
- Use other landscape decorations sparingly. Think “less is more”.
- Apply a fresh layer of mulch in your flower beds.
- Ensure your trees and shrubs are pruned and free of dead branches.
- If you have any sort of water fountain or pond, give it a thorough cleaning. Remove algae and leaves. Replace the filters so that the water is clear and smells fresh. You will also want to ensure that everything is in good working order. You wouldn’t want to turn-off a potential buying, explaining that something is broken or out of order.
- Repair any leaky faucets
- Power-wash your driveway, sidewalks, deck / patio area, siding, brick, and fencing.
So as you can see, checking off the tasks on this list can make a world of difference. This should be a regular list to follow, regardless if you are selling your home or not. It just feels so much better when everything is in top condition! Who doesn’t want the nicest home on the block, after all?
Do you need the help of a professional and eco-friendly landscaper in the Coquitlam area? Look no further than ATC Landscape! Call us for a quote today: 604-720-2853.