The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting cooler. Fall is definitely in the air. This also means that it’s time to start getting your yard in order before winter begins.
Fall is a time to plant shrubs and trees, cut back your perennials, and remove your annuals. You’ll also want to focus on getting your lawn in good shape, so that it can start off on a healthy note next spring. Plus, remember to keep watering your trees and shrubs until the ground freezes. This will prevent them from becoming over-stressed in the winter months.
In addition to those key tasks, be sure to:
- Bring your clay pots inside
- Bring all potted plants inside that won’t be able to survive over the winter months
- Weed your garden beds so that there will be less that will go to seed next year – this task can save you a lot of hassle down the road!
- Fertilize your lawn
- Place compost or manure on your garden beds
- Plant flowering bulbs
- Plant new trees and shrubs at least 6 weeks before the first frost hits
- Clean your bird feeders & gardening tools
Are you looking for a top, eco-friendly Coquitlam landscaping company with an A+ BBB rating? Call us at ATC Landscape for a FREE estimate today: 604-720-2853.